Saturday, March 22, 2008


Mancini comes clean over Inter Milan quit talk

Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini has explained why he made his shock quit claim AT the END OF their defeat by Liverpool."If I had my time again I wouldn't say what I did because it wasn't what I was thinking or what Inter needed," he conceded ON Sky Sport Italia."It wasn't premeditated at all. The defeat was a hard one to take and there was such bitterness at the wasted chances and that it wasn't played as 11 against 11."Their goal came FROM our possession AND we made too many errors, but the pressure OF the situation AND our need TO turn things around came INTO it."In the cold light of day I spoke to the President and I think I just needed to feel trusted."Mancini shed SOME light ON the antagonistic relationship he has endured WITH the Press this term."In Italy people assume that if a team wins they have a good Coach and if they lose he isn't good."If things don't go well they look for someone to blame and it is usually the tactician."I think I have made myself unsympathetic to them by always speaking my mind, but that's just the way things ARE."

No comments: